How old do I have to be to hire a camper from @vanhirebythecampfire?

To hire Gigi, our luxury VW Campervan you have to be over 23 and less than 75 and have held a full driving licence for two years to drive our campers. It's not us - it's a requirement of the insurance.

Do we need to pay a deposit?

Yes, our insurers require us to take a traceable security deposit of £500 (for UK residents between 25-75) and £750 (for non UK residents). This is refunded 3 days after the end of hire when the van is returned in the condition it was hired to you.

What documents DO I Need to Provide?

We need to see a card driving license for each driver and TWO secondary address IDs that match the address on the license - i.e. utility bill, council tax statement or bank/credit card/mortgage statements dated within 3 months of the hire date. We also need to run a DVLA Licence check.

Can My Pets Holiday In Your Van?

We love our pets (Sam is a dog lover with a golden retriever Harley and a golden doodle Pebbles & Caz has a tortoise called Elvis) and with our upgraded cleaning equipment we can now accept up to 2 small well behaved doggos.

I've Got Points On My Licence, Can I still Hire from @vanhirebythecampfire?

That depends on the nature of the endorsement. Get in touch and we can talk about it. Maximum of two 3 point speeding fines/other minor offences and have had no more than one minor accident in three years. Anything else cannot be covered by insurance and therefore the hire cannot proceed.

Can I Leave My Car With You?

Yes that's fine. We can accommodate one car in the space our campervan occupies when it is off-hire. Alternatively, we can arrange delivery to your address (for a delivery charge) to save you the hassle of collection and/or worrying about leaving your car away from home.